What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses clear aligner trays to gently move teeth into place. The trays are worn in a series over time to create a beautiful straight smile. Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional braces, and does not have any brackets or wires. The clear aligners are a discrete option and are comfortable when worn.
Patients wear the clear aligners between 20-22 hours a day. This depends on the patient’s treatment plan, and the level of correction needed. Invisalign trays are easily removable for eating and drinking. They have a blue indicator to help the patient know when they have worn the trays for the required amount of time. This indicator also helps parents of teens using Invisalign to make sure they are wearing their trays.
Who is a good candidate for Invisalign?
Having that beautiful white smile is important, and at Sienna Dental we want our patients to be happy and proud of their smile. A smile is the first thing you see, and our team will listen to your goals to ensure we get you the results you desire.
Invisalign is a popular choice for both teens and adults. Older teens and adults can follow the instructions daily and ensure their trays are worn for the required period of time. On average Invisalign treatment takes between 6-18 months. During our Invisalign consultation our team will discuss your age, level of correction, and goals to help decide which orthodontic treatment is best.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- The clear aligners can be removed before eating and drinking, and there are fewer food restrictions.
- Aligners are invisible with no metal brackets or wires making this a discrete treatment.
- The clear aligners are easily cleaned.
- There is no gum or mouth irritation with Invisalign. The clear aligners are smooth and comfortable when worn in the mouth.
- Easy to remove to play sports or musical instrument
- Invisalign builds confidence and improves self-esteem
If you or your family member is interested in finding out more about Invisalign, contact Sienna Dental to schedule your consultation.